EasyCLIMB Worst Work Party of the Year
Come join NWTA on January 19th to finish up the Easy CLIMB Trail at Cascade Locks.
This will be the "Worst Work Party of the Year". Expect wind, cold, rain, you name it, but a giant hot fire bonfire will be provided.
Help us get the trail ready for the spring Columbia Gorge Short Track Series and the summer season of riding. The NWTA women's group also needs help to finish their own section of trail, called Goldi-Locks.
No experience needed, people will be avalible to show you what to do. If you want a memorable experience, this will be it.
· 9:30 am safety brief and work starts
· Lunch at 12:30
· Warm bonfire at lunch and into the afternoon
· After lunch you can keep working, go home, ride/hike the trails or just hang out and enjoy the bonfire!
· NWTA will bring tools (there may be a shortage)
· Chad Sperry will bring his trail machine to shuttle heavy materials
· Port of Cascade Locks will provide lunches (to those who RSVP)
· Bear Mountain will provide a bonfire to warm up
What you need to bring:
Work gloves, warm clothes, extra water, drinks, a bike and helmet if you want to check out the trails and feel free to bring friends and family; this is a family friendly trail and work party; the Easy CLIMB trails are great for all rider abilities. Bring a tool of your choice, for example: Mcleod, Pulaski, loppers, shovel, hoe, rake, specialty tool, rock bar, gravel bucket. Some tools will be provided by NWTA.
Will only cancel if extreme hazardous driving, or frozen ground, so please RSVP so we can contact you.
RSVP to AndyJ@NW-Trail.ORG and JaimeKathleen@gmail.com
Directions From Portland:
I-84 East, take Cascade Locks Exit 44
Go through town, left on NW Forest Lane
Turn Left on Cramblett Way (Green EasyClimb Sign)
Take First Right at white sign, down paved road to the end (it is not the normal trail head)
LAT: 45.683595° LON: -121.849770°