8 AM - 2 PM
NWTA and HRATS are teaming up to host LapQuest @ Hood River.
LapQuest is a fun 4-hour non-race race event/challenging group ride with a personal challenge.
A social event for the mountain bike community.
WHO – This event is ideal for Intermediate and Advanced riders.
WHAT to expect – Lots of fun and a personal challenge. Regardless if you ride 1 lap or ride 5, everyone will have a great time and be rewarded with a BBQ Social and tasty beverages.
LapQuest is a ‘grassroots’ fun event. No prizes, no maps, and no awards. Just the personal satisfaction that you earned a ‘LapQuest Badge of Honor.’
- -Everyone starts at the same time with the goal of completing as many laps as possible within 4-hours.
- -Everyone finishes at the same time so we can celebrate a great day of riding with a BBQ and cold beverages.
- -LapQuest is a celebration of the trails volunteer have built, the joy of mountain bike riding, and having fun with friends.
- -This event will challenge your fitness and your riding ability.
- -Come prepared and be self-supported.
- -Times and laps tokens will be self-recorded.
- -Ride at your own pace and ride as many (or few) laps as you want.
- -You can earn ‘bragging rights’ if you rack up more laps and better times than your buddies.
WHEN – July 7th, 2018
- -Sign-in at 8:00
- -Safety Talk at 8:30
- -Start at 9 AM
- -Finish at 1 PM
- -BBQ social at Trail Head 1 PM (so don’t be late).
GOAL – To rack up as many laps as you can within 4 hours.
ADMISSION: FREE for Northwest Trail Alliance (NWTA) and Hood River Area Trail Stewards (HRATS) members.
If you are not an NWTA member (or your membership has lapsed) you can join now. http://nw-trail.org/get-involved/membership/
Becoming a member supports creating, enhancing, and protecting mountain bike riding opportunities; to advocate for trail access; to promote responsible mountain biking; and to build, maintain, and ride sustainable trails. And have fun at events like LapQuest.
REGISTER for LapQuest at
By registering we can properly plan for food and beverages.
Once you register you will get more information about the trail and receive event updates.
Basecamp will serve as the start/finish/aid station and BBQ social making it a ‘spectator friendly’ event.
- -The trail is located east of Hood River
- -Laps are 5.5 miles with 900’ of elevation gain
- -Fast & flowy downhill and climb back to the trailhead
- -Each lap takes about 1 hour unless you are crazy fast.
- -Stop by the GU Aid Station on each lap to pick up a Lap-tokin
- -Watch your time and make sure you are back to the Finish Line by the 1 PM cut off time.
BADGE OF HONOR
FREE Koozies for all participants!