May 20th trail project is a GO!!! This will be large trail project with about 80-100 volunteers building new section(s) of trail st Stub Stewart.
*** Note- this is not StubFest (which is in July), it is a bonus event.
Possible projects being considered include:
1) a major trail re-route of the Williams Creek Trail which is a ‘connector’ trail from the existing mountain bike area over to the ‘future’ South Stub Expansion (Ph2 of the MTB area)
2) a new beginner mountain bike loop near the entrance of the MTB Area
3) a new freeride trail
Project specifics and logistic are: TBD
Items confirmed; date, sponsors, and that it will be a kick ass event.
Special note – Every year Portland Design Works (PDW) selects one trail they focus their efforts on.
Last year it was Falls Creek (a big trail project and campout). For 2017, PDW selected Stub.
On behalf of all who ride Stub, we are excited about partnering with PDW.
Things to look forward to:
– PDW is providing the tasty grub
– HUB Brewing is providing the tasty beverages
– Sponsors such as Fat Tire Farm are donating swag for the volunteer raffle
Earn your dirt and help make 2017 a great year for Stub.