Date(s) - 10/03/2015
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
easyCLIMB Trail - Cascade Locks, OR
Join Northwest Trail Alliance on Saturday, October 3 at 4:00 PM for IMBA’s Annual TAKE A KID MOUNTAIN BIKING DAY! A fun opportunity for kids and parents to learn new bike skills and explore the trails together. Besides being good, healthy fun, the goal is to develop a connection between kids and the natural world around them. Today’s children are tomorrow’s land managers, politicians, and future decision-makers for important matters like recreation and access to public lands. How different might our current access landscape look today if previous generations of policy makers had grown up riding bikes on natural-surface trails?
We will be featuring the following events (subject to change):
- Kiddy Kat Rally-trail ride
- Riding skills instruction from Wenzel Coaching
- Learn to run OUR very own trail building machine!
- Entertainment for kids and grownups
- Food, games and prizes!
- Overnight Camping Available
- Bonfire (weather conditions permitting)
- Register in advance (for headcount)
- Please join us for the after event Volunteer appreciation party
- TRAILHEAD DIRECTIONS: From Portland, take I-84 to Cascade Locks, exit 44. Drive .8 miles through town and turn left on NW Forest Lane. Continue 1.8 miles, and turn left on Cramblett Way. Continue straight a short distance on the gravel road. At the Y, head right toward the large, unpaved parking area. No fees or permits required.