Stub and Sandy Ridge build days this Saturday (Feb 12, 2011)

A couple of local Northwest Trail Alliance build day opportunities for Portland area riders this Saturday at both Stub Stewart State Park and Sandy Ridge Trail System.

Continue after the break for more information....

West side:

On-going new trail construction at Stub Stewart State Park

Feb 12, 2011 Stub Build Day

East side:

Trail maintenance on lower Hide & Seek at Sandy Ridge, working on improving the road-to trail section above the powerlines.  The BLM has brought in more paver blocks, gravel, equipment and there will be plenty of crew leads on hand to get a lot done.  Also, the volunteer incentive program that the BLM has been working on now includes, as the grand prize, an Ibis Mojo HD bike w/ an SLX build kit, donated by Ibis Cycles and Fat Tire Farm.

Feb 12, 2011 Sandy Ridge Build Day

Need a ride to Sandy Ridge Saturday? Bike Gallery van...

Late notice, but the Bike Gallery van will be leaving the Hollywood BIke Gallery location at 8AM sharp, and they have some room right now.

RSVP with an email to me if you're thinking about riding with them, and I'll let them know who's planning on getting a ride.

Also, weather permitting, Alex (Absolute Health & Wellness) will be providing body work after the trail work day.  See this link for more information.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Slovak, toms [at] nw-trail [dot] org

work party minimum age

Hey Tom.  I've been out to several work parties at Sandy Ridge.  My 10 year old daughter loves mountain biking.  She really loves to ride the Cross Town Trail up behind Gov't camp.  I've been telling her about Sandy Ridge.  Is there a strick minimum age requirement for the work parties?  She really wants to go to one.

Thanks,

Ben

Minors

Hi Ben,

All minors (under 18) require a waiver to be signed by a guardian.  Beyond that, you will be responsible for the supervision of your daughter at all times.

That said, it would be great to see you and your daughter out at a Sandy Ridge work party together.

Thanks,

Tom

minors

Hey Tom. Thanks for your response.

Found out about todays event a bit too late to make it happen. I've got the March party marked on my calendar though.  I would have no problem signing a waiver.  Hope to see you next time!

Ben