Trailfest 2012: a recap
Another awesome Trailfest has ended and what a great time it was! At the Friday night Trailfest kick-off party, it was clear to see how popular the sport of mountain biking is in our area. There were kids and adults flying through the air and on the lumber, and conversations of biking filled the room with energy.
The event was sponsored by NWTA, with additional support from Universal Cycles, Hopworks, Santiam Cycles, Cardo Systems and more.
During the five day event, NWTA:
- Raised over $2,500, including funding to support Mat Barton;
- Held the wildly popular Pump-a-thon with pro instructors out to provide pointers;
- Gave away tons of gear and swag, announced the winner of the Intense/Shimano Saint raffle and partied at the Trailfest kick-off party held at the Lumberyard;
- Introduced dozens of new riders to mountain biking and welcomed serveral new members;
- Welcomed Portland Park's Commissioner, Nick Fish, to the grand opening of the Ventura pump track alongside Day 1 of the NWTA mountain bike camp, and:
- Had a lot of fun on the bike!
In case you missed any of these activities, we will be posting photos soon so you'll really know what you passed-up. In the meantime, be sure to make it out to this months meeting (July 31st) at Stub Stewart State Park for some more great times on the trail. See the calendar for more details.