Get Ready for the Portland Trail Fest! (Sept. 20-22)
Trailfest is the Portland region’s premiere mountain biking festival that celebrates everything mountain biking: The trails. The people. The culture.
Trailfest offers something for everyone: guided rides, shuttled rides, pump track and bike park rides and a great party. Whether you’ve never ridden, or are an experienced rider, Trailfest is guaranteed to be fun!
Most of Trailfest is free all in the hopes of making more mountain bikers. How? Your membership makes it all happen. Your membership is also the main reason why there are so many great trails and places to hit the dirt on your bike in the region. So now is a great time to become a member or renew. It’s easy and it’s affordable: http://nw-trail.org/join. Want more reasons? Check out the fun lineup:
Friday September 20th:
- Forest Park Night Ride Poker Ride - For 25 years we've sought for more access to Forest Park. Join us after work and help keep the flame alive. We'll meet at 6 PM at the Thurman gate entrance to Leif Erickson, and head up the trail by 6:10. Bring a light! We'll stop at five spots and you'll get a card. At the end, the best three hands get sweet prizes. All abilities welcome. We'll head to Lompac on NW 23rd and Raleigh after the ride for a few pitchers of beer on the NWTA. Lead by Tony Daversa
Saturday September 21st:
- Lewis River/Falls Creek Ride and Shuttle (Southwest Washington) - Meet at Gateway Transit Center (205/84) South parking lot at 7:00AM, leave at 7:15
Lewis River out and back + an optional Fall Creek Shuttle
Lead by Ted Dodd Click here for details and to RSVP (required).
- Pump Track Play Date with Isla Bikes (Ventura Park, Oregon - SE Stark and 117th) From 10 to 2. We'll be grilling hotdogs and we'll have fun prizes for the kids. Isla bikes will be there with a small demo fleet so your little ones can try them out!
- Castle Rock Bike Park Blowout (Castle Rock, Washington) - Kids. Bikes. Cowbells. Free lunch. It doesn’t get much better than this.
Everyone is invited to attend the Bike Park Blowout at the Castle Rock Bike Park. Adults ride 10AM-12, then Kids rule the park. Stickers and pizes and fun for all. Castle Rock Bike Park on Dike Road. Follow signs from Huntington Ave off I-5
- Trailfest Party: Mini bike time trials, wearable bike bling prizes, free pizza and beer and live music from Ultra Goat and the James London Band! Starts at 6PM at Velocult (1969 NE 42nd Ave), Bands start at 8.
Sunday September 22nd:
- Bike Demo at Sandy Ridge. Shuttle will run from 10 to 4 and there will be plenty of bikes to demo from Kona and Sellwood Cycles. Register in advance below through the website to reserve a spot. Passes are $10 for members and $30 for non-members and it all goes straight to the Sandy Ridge Trail Fund. Need to renew? Go to http://nw-trail.org/join and join today!
- Need a ride or want to share yours? Go to the carpool forum to match up with people to carpool with.