- This event has passed.
Postponed – LapQuest at Stub Stewart
May 2 @ 1:00 am – 8:00 am
*** Event Postponed. Due to the risks posed by Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Oregon & SW Washington NWTA will be postponing all group activities until further notice. ***
4th Annual LapQuest @ Stub Stewart. A fun 4-hour non-race race event, challenging group ride, and social event.
Regardless if you ride 1 lap or ride 4, everyone will have a great time and be rewarded with a BBQ Social. This event is ideal for Intermediate and Advanced riders who want a personal challenge. LapQuest is a ‘grassroots’ fun event. No prizes, no maps, and no awards.
- – Everyone starts at the same time with the goal of completing as many laps as possible in 4 hours.
- – Everyone finishes at 1 pm so we can celebrate a day of riding with a BBQ and cold beverages.
- – LapQuest is a celebration of the trails we have built (and continue to build at Stub Stewart).
- – This event will challenge your fitness, wayfinding skills, and your riding ability.
- – Come prepared and be self-supported.
- – Times and laps tokens will be self-recorded.
- – Ride at your own pace and ride as many (or few) laps as you want.
- – You can earn ‘bragging rights’ if you rack up more laps and better times than your buddies.
This event is a special reward for all the hardworking NWTA members and volunteers. If you are not a member, JOIN NOW and enjoy the fun. May 2nd, 2020Sign-in at 8:00Safety talk at 8:40Start at 9 AMEveryone is to finish by 1 PMBBQ social at Buxton Trail Head shelter 1-3 PM MAP – There will be no maps. Thus you should study the maps below and visit the Ride With GPS link. However, the best way to learn the route is to us for a group ride or attend a trail project. GOAL – To rack up as many laps as you can within 4 hours. Each lap takes about 1 hour unless you are crazy fast. ADMISSION: FREE for Northwest Trail Alliance members. If you are not a NWTA member (or your membership has lapsed) you can JOIN NOW. The more members we have the more fun stuff we can do and the more trails we can build. Please REGISTER below so we can properly plan for food and beverages. LOGISTICS – Basecamp (start/finish and BBQ social) will be at the Buxton Trail Head. GU Aid station will be at the Hilltop Day-use Area (water, fuel, and the place to collect lap-tokens).
ROUTE – Buxton Trail Head to Hares Canyon via the BV Trail. Climb Hares Canyon Trail and find the signs to the Hilltop Dayuse Area. Take the MTB Connector Trail over to the MTB area. Take ShooFly around the Free Ride area (see map below) and take Link-n-Pin down to the BV Trail. Start the next lap by turning right ride BV for 100 yards and start climbing Hares Canyon again. Each lap takes about 1 hour. Watch your time and make sure you are back to the Buxton Trail Head by 1 PM. Ride With GP link showing the route: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/14888339
Close up view of the Shoofly Trail that goes around the FreeRide area. This is the route you want to follow.
– BADGE OF HONOR –