LapQuest @ Stub
May 19, 2018
8:30am - 3:00pm
Stub Stewart State Park
Meet at the Buxton Trailhead
WHAT – LapQuest at Stub is a fun 4-hour non-race race event. Basically, it is a challenging group ride & social event.
Regardless if you ride 1 lap or ride 4, everyone will have a great time and be rewarded with a BBQ Social thanks to Sellwood Cycles and Hopeworks Brewing.
This event is ideal for Intermediate and Advanced riders.
WHAT to expect – Lots of fun and a personal challenge.
LapQuest is a ‘grassroots’ fun event. No prizes, no maps, and no awards.
- Everyone starts at the same time with the goal of completing as many laps as possible in 4 hours.
- Everyone finishes at the same time so we can celibrate a great day of riding with a BBQ and cold beverages.
- LapQuest is a celebration of the trails we have built, the joy of mountian bike riding, and having fun with friends.
- This event will challenge your fitness, wayfinding skills, and your riding ability.
- Come prepared and be self-supported.
- Times and laps tokens will be self-recorded.
- Ride at your own pace and ride as many (or few) laps as you want.
- You can earn ‘bragging rights’ if you rack up more laps and better times than your buddies.
BONUS, no matter how many laps you complete, everyone will finish at the same time and enjoy a BBQ social.
WHY – This event is a special REWARD for all the hardworking NWTA members and volunteers.
WHEN – May 19th, 2018
Sign-in at 8:00
Safety talk at 8:45
Start at 9 AM
Finish at 1 PM
BBQ social at Buxton Trail Head shelter 1-3 PM
MAP – There will be no maps. Thus you should study the maps below and visit the Ride With GPS link. But the best way to learn the route is to us for a group ride or a trail project.
GOAL – To rack up as many laps as you can within 4 hours. Each lap takes about 1 hour unless you are crazy fast. –
ADMISSION: FREE for Northwest Trail Alliance members.
If you are not a NWTA member (or your membership has lapsed) you can JOIN NOW. The more members we have the more fun stuff we can do and the more trails we can build.
Please REGISTER so we can properly plan for food and beverages.
GU Aid station will be at the Hilltop Day-use Area (water, fuel, and the place to collect lap-tokens).
ROUTE – Buxton Trail Head to Hares Canyon via the BV Trail. Climb Hares Canyon Trail and find the signs to the Hilltop Dayuse Area. Take the MTB Connector Trail over to the MTB area. Take ShooFly around the Free Ride area (see map below) and take Link-n-Pin down to the BV Trail. Start the next lap by turning right ride BV for 100 yards and start climbing Hares Canyon again.
Each lap takes about 1 hour. Watch your time and make sure you are back to the Buxton Trail Head by 1 PM.
Close up view of the Shoofly Trail that goes around the FreeRide area.
This is the route you want to follow.
This year we are making LapQuest T-shirts
Shirts will be available the day of the event.
– BADGE OF HONOR –
FREE Koozies for all participants!
Thanks to the generous donation of the Bike Galley