May 19, 2018
8:30am - 3:00pm
Stub Stewart State Park
Meet at the Buxton Trailhead
WHAT – LapQuest at Stub is a fun 4-hour non-race race event (i.e. a challenging group ride & social event).
This event is perfect for Intermediate and Advanced riders.
Ride at your own pace and ride as many (or few) laps as you want.
WHAT to Expect – Lots of fun and a personal challenge.
LapQuest is a ‘grassroots’ fun event. No prizes, no maps, and no awards.
- Everyone starts at the same time with the goal of completing as many laps as possible in 4 hours.
- Everyone finishes at the same time so we can celibrate a great day of riding with a BBQ and cold beverages.
- LapQuest is a celebration of the trails we have built, the joy of mountian bike riding, and having fun with friends.
- This event will challenge your fitness, wayfinding skills, and your riding skills.
- Come prepared and be self-supported.
- Times and laps (i.e. lap-tokens) will be self-recorded. See map.
- You can earn ‘bragging rights’ if you rack up more laps and better times than your buddies.
BONUS, no matter how many laps you complete, everyone will finish at the same time and enjoy a BBQ social.
WHY – This event is a special REWARD for all the hardworking NWTA members and volunteers.
WHEN – May 19th, 2018
Sign-in at 8:30
Start at 9 AM
Finish at 1 PM
BBQ social at Buxton Trail Head shelter 1-3 PM
MAP – There will be no maps. Thus you should pre-ride the route OR- join us for a trail project. See ‘WHY’ above.
GOAL – To rack up as many laps as you can within 4 hours. Each lap takes about 1 hour unless you are crazy fast.
ADMISSION: FREE for Northwest Trail Alliance members. If you are not a member, JOIN NOW
Please SIGN UP so we we can properly plan for food and beverage:
LOGISTICS – Basecamp (start/finish and BBQ social) will be at the Buxton Trail Head. Don’t know where it is, “Google it.”
GU Aid station will be at the Hilltop Day-use Area (water, fuel, and the place to collect lap-tokens).
ROUTE – Buxton Trail Head to Hares Canyon via the BV Trail. Climb Hares Canyon Trail and find the signs to the Hilltop Dayuse Area. Take the MTB Connector Trail over to the MTB area. Take ShooFly around the Free Ride area (see map below) and take Link-n-Pin down to the BV Trail. Start the next lap by turning right ride BV for 100 yards and start climbing Hares Canyon again.
Each lap takes about 1 hour. Watch your time and make sure you are back to the Buxton Trail Head by 1 PM.
Close up view of the Shoofly Trail that goes around the FreeRide area. This is the route you want to follow.
– BADGE OF HONOR –