LapQuest at Stub
Stub Stewart State Park
The trails are in great shape after this weekend massive trail project.
The weather forecast calls for dry weather for this week and for our event.
This event is perfect for Intermediate and Advanced riders.
Ride at your own pace and ride as many (or few) laps as you want.
The only requirement is to have fun!
***please RSVP so we can bring enough food & beverages***
WHAT – LapQuest at Stub is a fun 4-hour non-race race event (i.e. a challenging group ride & social event).
WHAT to Expect – Lots of fun.
LapQuest is a ‘grassroots’ fun event. No prizes, no maps, and no awards.
- Everyone starts at the same time with the goal of completing as many laps as possible in 4 hours.
- Everyone finishes at the same time so we can celibrate a great day of riding with a BBQ and cold beverages.
- LapQuest is a celebration of the trails we have built, the joy of mountian bike riding, and having fun with friends.
- This event will challenge your fitness, wayfinding skills, and your riding skills.
- Come prepared and be self-supported.
- Times and laps (i.e. lap-tokens) will be self-recorded. See map.
- You can earn ‘bragging rights’ if you rack up more laps and better times than your buddies.
BONUS, no matter how many laps you complete, everyone will finish at the same time and enjoy a BBQ social (thanks to Sellwood Cycle Repair).
WHY – This event is a special REWARD for all the hardworking volunteers who have spent years building this trail system at L.L. Stub Stewart. But is open to riders new to these trails.
WHEN – May 27, 2017
Sign-in at 8:30
Start at 9 AM
Finish at 1 PM
BBQ social at Buxton Trail Head shelter 1-3 PM
MAP – There will be no maps. Thus you should pre-ride the route OR- join us for a trail project. See ‘WHY’ above.
GOAL – To rack up as many laps as you can within 4 hours. Each lap takes about 1 hour unless you are crazy fast.
ADMISSION: Trail Work. If you haven’t volunteered at Stub there are multiple opportunities to do so (see NWTA calendar).
SIGN UP to reserve your place at LapQuest
LOGISTICS – Basecamp (start/finish and BBQ social) will be at the Buxton Trail Head. Don’t know where it is, “Google it.”
GU Aid station will be at the Hilltop Day-use Area (water, fuel, and the place to collect lap-tokens).
ROUTE – Buxton Trail Head to Hares Canyon via the BV Trail. Climb Hares Canyon Trail and find the signs to the Hilltop Dayuse Area. Take the MTB Connector Trail over to the MTB area. Take ShooFly around the Free Ride area (see map below) and take Link-n-Pin down to the BV Trail. Start the next lap by turning right ride BV for 100 yards and start climbing Hares Canyon again.
Each lap takes about 1 hour. Watch your time and make sure you are back to the Buxton Trail Head by 1 PM.
Close up view of the Shoofly Trail that goes around the FreeRide area called ShooFly. This is the route you want to follow.
– The badge of honor –