We are pleased to introduce you to the 2016-18 board candidates. This talented list of passionate mountain bikers ranges from long-time NWTA volunteers to new names bringing a unique perspective and list of qualifications to the team.
My name is Karalyn; I am a mountain biker, rock climber, and pet lover. Originally hailing from Florida, I am happy to finally be living in Oregon and strive to get out to natural areas as frequently as possible. I … Read the rest
- Are you passionate about mt biking and want to make a difference?
- Are you a good leader?
- Do you want more trails around Portland?
- Do you want to make NWTA a better organization?
- Are you good at fundraising and have grant writing experience?
- Are you good at social media communications and web development?
Every year, Northwest Trail Alliance elects a rotating list of 6 new board members (two year position). This year, we have 5 new positions up for elections, … Read the rest
Join Northwest Trail Alliance on Saturday, October 3 at 4:00 PM for our Annual TAKE A KID MOUNTAIN BIKING DAY! A fun opportunity for kids and parents to learn new bike skills and explore the trails together.
We will be featuring the following events (subject to change):
- Kiddy Kat Rally-trail ride
- Riding skills instruction from Wenzel Coaching
- Learn to run OUR very own trail building machine!
- Entertainment for kids and grownups
- Food, games and prizes!
- Overnight Camping Available
- Bonfire (weather
… Read the rest
We are celebrating Trail Fest starting September 14 and ending on October 3rd. Create and post your own ride during this three week celebration to end the summer riding season. Submit your ride by following this link. The 2015 Trail Fest will culminate on October 3rd with our Annual Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day. Here is a listing of the current rides.
Here is a listing of the Trail Fest rides. Please get out and ride!!
At tonight’s member meeting, we promised we would provide our membership with clear instructions on who to contact in order to address the current climate around mountain biking in Portland. We have created a draft letter. We suggest you make the same points, but add personal testimony. Send your letter to Mayor Hales and the City Commissioners. If you are feeling a little more ambitious, it would be extremely meaningful to mail in a hard copy version as well.
To: … Read the rest