- This event has passed.
LL Stub Stewart Double Project Dig Day on 02/26
February 26 @ 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Join us on Saturday, February 26h at LL Stub Stewart Trail System for two large projects!
About this event
Join us on Saturday, February 26th, from 9 am – 2 pm at LL Stub Stewart Trail System, meeting at the Hilltop Parking area.
We will be tackling two large projects. `
1. We have been given the approval to create a Shoofly Bridge Bypass which will reopen the Shoofly trail. Yay!!!
2. Put the finishing touches on Williams Creek Project by finishing up the final section of the trail.
Both of these projects will lead to the reopening of a couple of loved trails and riding routes just in time for the riding season.
We need Carpenters and folks to do Dirt work.
Trail work will last approximately 5 hours, wrapping up at 2:00.
What To Bring:
- Work clothes: Light long sleeve shirt, Long Pants (no shorts), Boots, Gloves, Eye Protection & Gloves
- Jacket (be prepared)
- Hard hat or bike helmet (mandatory)
- Water and snacks
- Favorite trail tool, McLeod or Rouge Hoe (We have tools, but please feel free to bring your own if you are more comfortable with your own).
- Face Covering as recommended by the CDC
- Your bike (we will be riding to the project site)
Safety meeting promptly starts at 9 am. Please arrive 15-20 early to ensure that you are adequately checked in. We work in all weather, so come prepared for the elements, whatever they may be (and change of clothes in the car for when we finish).
Due to COVID-19, you are responsible for bringing your food and beverages for the event. We will have some post-dig beverages from our friends at Hopworks available.
Due to COVID-19, have a mask with you in case you cannot maintain safe social distancing. We have also had to limit the number of participants. Please make sure to pre-register.
Once registered, please sign the waiver HERE
Saturday, February 26, 2021 / 9:00 am – 2 pm / LL Stub Stewart State Park
Email Ted Dodd: [email protected]