As we continue to build trails and make trail improvements, L.L. Stub Stewart State Park is becoming a mountain biking destination. As per our TRAFx trail counters, we noted another increase of riders who visited the Stub mtb area.
12,788 in 201518,036 in 2016
We are forecasting another large jump in the number of riders who visit Stub in 2017 in part to the following:
- – The bridges projects will be completed in the next 60 days and a large section of trail will be re-opened (Link ‘n’ Pin)
- – May 20th, large PDW sponsored trail project and BBQ social
- – May 27th, LapQuest @ Stub. A grassroots 4hr race/non-race group ride
- – July 21-23, 3rd Annual SubFest. A trail project, campout, and social
- – Construction of another downhill line for the freeride area.
We are still planning for the South Stub Expansion project in 2018-19 (8 miles of NEW trail).
If you want to help, contact Joe Rykowski joer