Ballots will be emailed to everyone that is eligible at the opening of the election or becomes eligible (updated weekly) until the election closes. Eligibility for “Voting Members” is laid out in NWTA’s bylaws and can be summarized as follows:
- Have an Individual Membership or be the Primary Member of a Group Membership (like a Family Membership). The Primary Member submits one ballot on behalf of the Group Membership.
- Have a current Annual Membership or have been current on a Monthly Membership for the preceding 12 months.
NOMINEES FOR THE 2024 NORTHWEST TRAIL ALLIANCE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The NWTA has a board of directors that is elected annually each January. Each position has a tenure of two years. As with most nonprofit organizations with an established Board of Directors, the Board is responsible for mission oversight, strategic planning, and financial management of the organization. Board members are leaders, ambassadors, and advocates for every member of the NWTA. Board members are familiar with the trail networks, operations, and livelihood of the mission statement and Bylaws of the organization. Ideal candidates have lived experiences working with diversity in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, and economic background. This year, the organization is particularly seeking experience and expertise in the following areas:
– Mountain bike/multi-user trail access advocacy
– Strategic decision-making skills
– Implementing diversity, equity and inclusion steps in an organization
– Accounting and organizational finance
– Previous nonprofit leadership experience
– Technology skills
For the 2024 election, these are the open Board seats:
Membership/Sponsorship, Seat 1
Education Coordinator, Seat 2
Data/Tech Liaison, Seat 3
Community Partnerships, Seat 4
Board Member-at-Large, Seat 5 and Seat 6
The nominees are presented below in no particular order.
Questions? For additional information or inquiries, please email [email protected].