APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON DEC. 12.
Here’s a recorded video of our information session held last week. Click on VIDEO to watch it.
Are you interested in filling a leadership position with NWTA? Here are the qualifications for becoming a candidate to join the 2024 NWTA Board of Directors.
Please read our full equity statement (https://nw-trail.org/about-us/). We require board members to actively work on integrating the NWTA equity statement in every aspect of their NWTA service. As an applicant, you are agreeing that you will fully commit to NWTA’s equity statement as a fundamental part of implementing the organization’s mission.
Candidates must be committed to supporting NWTA’s mission, with the intent to obligate the necessary time and energy to serve as a board member for their elected term. We understand that the unexpected may happen but we ask that candidates plan to complete their full terms if elected. As of the application date, candidates should be residents of the NWTA stewardship region.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR OPEN BOARD SEATS:
Seat 1, Membership/Sponsorship Coordinator:
- experience with fundraising and sponsorship in nonprofit organizations
- ability to engage sponsors and members through written and verbal communications
- comfortable with public speaking and event planning
Seat 2, Education Coordinator:
- experience in teaching the sustainable construction of mountain bike/multi-use trails
- ability to organize training courses
- can be available for extensive weekend travel and presence across all NWTA trail areas
Seat 3, Data/Tech Liaison:
- experience in web development and publication
- experience using web automation scripting to poll, compare, and upload data to cloud databases
- data analysis experience including knowledge of statistics
Seat 4, Community Partnerships Coordinator:
- has completed formal training in DEIB
- holds existing connections to affiliate groups across NWTA’s stewardship area (such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA mountain bike groups)
- is able to plan and execute community events in a variety of settings
Seats 5 and 6, At-Large:
- Active NWTA volunteers with at least 2 years of participation in NWTA events
- At least one qualification from this list:
- implementing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in an organization
- accounting and financial literacy
- previous nonprofit leadership experience
- strategic decision making
- information technology
- mountain biking/bike access advocacy
Applications to be a candidate are open, and will close Tuesday, December 12. We will hold two information and help sessions, via Zoom, on Wednesday, Dec 6 (12:00 PM and 7:00 PM).
If you would like a link to the application form, Zoom meetings, more information on the roles of a board member, the NWTA Bylaws, or the application process, please email [email protected].
Important dates for this election:
Dec 4: Board Applications Open
Dec 6: Application Info & Help meetings
Dec 12: Applications Close
Dec 27: Ballots Open
Jan 21: Ballots Close
Jan 24: Election Results