Written by Juntu Oberg
NWTA’s Local Stewardship Team ended a very productive Spring Dig season with a final workday on Saturday, June 5th. In celebration of National Trails Day with support from REI & Hopworks Brewing & with swag, a group of 23 volunteers gathered to make a final push to complete the improvements on the trail Flow Motion & start the overdue maintenance on Lower Hide & Seek.
Highlights from the 2021 Spring Dig Season:
- Cleared down trees to reopen trails from winter storms.
- Reworked and rebuilt Flow Motion.
- Reworked and realigned Little Monkey.
- Installed a Conex Box to allow storage of tools & supplies onsite.
- Created an actual “flow” section on the trail Quid Pro Flow.
- Started work on rebuilding sections of Lower Hide & Seek.
The amount of work done is dictated by the number of volunteers who come to our work events. If you would like to join us for a work party, check https://nw-trail.org/events/ or email the Stewardship Team at [email protected].
This trail system is one of the most popular mountain bike destinations in the Pacific Northwest. Northwest Trail Alliance is the official trail stewardship partner of The Bureau of Land Management for Sandy Ridge.
Thank you to all of the volunteers who joined us this season. We look forward to seeing you again.