NWTA’s Spring Membership Drive is underway!
We’ve been hard at work maintaining and creating mountain biking opportunities FOR YOU! Join or renew today and show your support for quality mountain bike access close to home.
Read on to find out what we’ve been up to, what’s on our radar and the sweet Lolo Rack you might win if you sign up during our May membership drive. Already a member? Read on to find out how you can enter to win.
What is the Northwest Trail Alliance?
NWTA is 100% volunteer nonprofit organization, representing a community of over 3,200 mountain bikers in NW Oregon and SW Washington, each of whom is passionate about increasing access to mountain biking close to home. In 2019, our volunteers contributed more than 24,000 hours of volunteer time to ensure that YOU have access to our amazing mountain bike trails in the Pacific Northwest.
We do this through:
- Advocacy. Our advocacy team makes connections at all levels of government and with private landowners to represent the interests of mountain bikers and gain more access to public and private lands for trails.
- Building and Maintaining Trails. NWTA builds and maintains more than 190 trails, from the Cascades to the coast in NW Oregon and SW Washington. And these trails would not exist without our dedicated crew of Local Stewardship Teams. In 2019, our LSTs logged more than 18,000 volunteer hours to ensure that our trails are open and rideable FOR YOU!
- Educating. Every year more folks are discovering the joys of riding their bikes in the woods. And each year NWTA is putting on clinics, social rides and gatherings to welcome the new riders into our community. We have also established our Trail Sustainability Institute (TSI) that focuses education around building and maintaining our trails using sustainable methods that respect the environment while providing access to outdoor recreation.
- Creating Community. Through our social rides and events, we are creating a strong and welcoming mountain bike community. The larger our community is, the louder our voices are to advocate for trails close to home and more accessible to all. Join our NWTA community on Facebook: Northwest Trail Alliance, NW Trail Sisters, Dusty Dads & Muddy Moms, North Coast Mountain Bikers, Dirt Lab at Gateway Green and North Coast Trail Alliance.
Join or Renew!
Become an NWTA member by signing up or renewing your current membership from May 1st to May 31st you will be entered to win a The Best Vertical 4 Bike Rack generously provided by Lolo Racks.
* As of May 1st NWTA is no longer a part of the IMBA Chapter Program. This means a NWTA membership will no longer come with a IMBA membership. Now 100% of all membership funds will directly go back to building and maintaining your local trails. To learn more about this change you can read our blog post: NWTA Going Independent. Farewell IMBA Chapter Program.
Lolo Racks are proudly cut, drilled, welded and painted by fellow riders and friends in Portland Oregon USA & are proud supporters of Northwest Trail Alliance.
2020 Membership Drive Official Rules.